Sometimes it’s useful to revisit the basics. Here at Signwise, the team of expert sign makers have reviewed the tried and tested methods that make various types of signage successful.
If you need powerful signage in Auckland get in touch today.
The most important quality for building signage is visibility. No matter how trendy or cutting-edge your design is, it will only be effective if your customers can see it. When you’re planning a new or revamped building sign, consider:
- Large legible font
- Contrasting colours
- Backlighting for visibility at night
- Effective sign placement
Interior office signs
When you head indoors, you have some more room to be creative with your signage. The main goals of interior signage in the office are to quickly communicate information to staff, display a professional look for clients, and achieve an aesthetic that matches your brand.
When designing office signage, consider:
- Wayfinding signs to direct people to exits, toilets and break rooms
- Attractive reception signage, such as 3D cut lettering or stainless sign mounts
- Displaying awards and qualifications of staff members
- Creating a cohesive look throughout the office
Retail and hospitality signs
Retail shops and hospitality businesses are all about the customer’s experience, and signage in these industries should recognise that. It’s important to know your audience – the sort of person your business appeals to – and design your signs to suit. Make sure your store, café or restaurant signs:
- Reveals what you sell at first glimpse
- Offers intrigue to pull customers in
- Helps people find you with footpath signs or flags advert
Car wraps have long been used as mobile billboards, but have become increasingly common with the rise of company cars and independent businesses. While standing out from the pack is important, ensuring that your vehicle displays relevant information is necessary. Remember:
- If you are wrapping a slide door, check the graphics at all levels of opening the door, don’t end up with a funny signage fail like these people
- Think about the left hand side – it’s where pedestrians will see the most of your vehicle signage
- Make your brand stand out and provide a way for potential customers to contact you – make it easy to be memorable
Need signage? Have a question? Get in touch with us.